How to Clean a Morganite Ring May 12, 2022
Guide to Engagement Ring Shopping Online May 05, 2022
The 8 Engagement Ring Trends You Need to Know for 2022 April 27, 2022
What Does "Everyday Wear and Tear" Mean When it Comes to Engagement Rings?
Engagement rings are a symbol of love and commitment. But there is so much more to the ring than just diamonds, gold, or platinum. Every detail in the ring has been carefully chosen with care and consideration for you, your partner, and your love story.
When it comes to engagement rings, one of the most important standards is that they must be durable enough to withstand everyday wear and tear. All engagement rings have to meet certain standards set forth by organizations such as the American Gem Society (AGS) or International Diamond Council (IDC).
This article will tell you everything you need to know about everyday wear and tear on engagement rings.
Defining "Everyday Wear and Tear"
Everyday wear and tear on engagement rings can include anything from normal hand-washing to wearing them while cooking or gardening. Rings that are worn every day can also experience more wear and tear than those that are only worn on special occasions.
How to Protect Your Engagement Ring from Everyday Wear and Tear
If an engagement ring is not properly taken care of, it can experience damage over time. Diamonds and other gemstones can chip or break if they are not properly protected. The metal band can also become scratched or dented.
There are a few things you can do to help protect your engagement ring from everyday wear and tear:
- Take your ring off when you know you're going to be doing something strenuous, like cooking, cleaning, or exercising.
- Don't wear your ring while swimming or bathing. Chlorinated water and other chemicals can damage the ring.
- Keep your ring in a safe place when you're not wearing it. This will help prevent it from being scratched or damaged.
- Have your ring cleaned and inspected at least once a year by a qualified jeweler. This will help identify any potential problems before they become too serious.
No Ring is Immune
Your engagement ring will undoubtedly get some everyday wear and tear, no matter how cautious you are. Yet your ring can last for years if properly cared for.
If you're looking for an engagement ring that can withstand everyday wear and tear, there are a few things you should look for:
- A ring made with durable metals, such as gold or platinum
- A ring with a strong setting, such as a cathedral setting or bezel setting
- A ring with high-quality diamonds or gemstones
No matter what ring you choose, be sure to take care of it and have it cleaned and inspected regularly by a qualified jeweler. With a little bit of TLC, your ring will last for years and years!
If you're looking for an engagement ring that can withstand everyday wear and tear, visit David's House of Diamonds. Our rings are made with durable metals and high-quality diamonds and gemstones. We have a wide selection of rings to choose from, and we offer free cleaning and inspection services at least once a year.
View our catalog today!